The Central Florida Alumni Scholarship Fund was established February 5, 1999, by the Board of Trustees of The Ohio State University with gifts to The Ohio State University Development Fund from The Ohio State Alumni Club of Central Florida Orlando, its members, and friends. The annual income is used to provide academic scholarships to students graduating from high schools of Central Florida with preference for students qualified under the Alumni Scholars Program criteria, ranked and recommended by the Ohio State Alumni Club of Central Florida. Scholarship recipients will be selected in consultation with the University Committee on Student Financial Aid. It is the desire of the donors that this fund should benefit the University in perpetuity. We are always accepting donations to this fund.
ALUMNI SCHOLARS PROGRAM
The Ohio State Alumni Scholars Program provides recognition and financial assistance to outstanding incoming freshman. Our Ohio State Alumni Club of Central Florida sponsors this Alumni Scholars Program (ASP) for local incoming freshmen to attend any of The Ohio State University campuses. It is coordinated by The Ohio State University Alumni Association, Inc. and The Ohio State University Office of Financial Aid.
- Each alumni scholarship award is based on merit only.
- The scholarship money may be used to attend any of The Ohio State University’s campuses.
- The process involves screening, interviewing and selecting a recipient(s) for this merit based award. Students interested should check with their guidance office or contact our Alumni Scholarship Chairperson indicated below:
CLICK HERE for admissions information
Who is eligible?
The Office of Student Financial Aid selects a recipient(s) based on club recommendations. To receive the ASP award, the student must:
- Be admitted to The Ohio State University
- Rank in the top 25 percent of his or her high school class (preferably the top 10 percent)
- Be recommended by school principals, counselors, and/or teachers based on scholastic ability and character
- Have a record of performance in activities both in school and in the community
- Impress the club’s scholarship committee during the personal interview by demonstrating a sound interest and positive attitude toward college
- Be a resident or attend high school in the county/area in which the participating alumni club’s membership is based (Orange, Seminole, & Osceola)
If you are interested, please contact Larry Poleyeff at 407-536-7129 for more information.